Friday, February 25, 2011

O'Fallon 5 Day IPA


O’Fallon 5 Day IPA is a very nice entrant into FULL shelf of IPA’s at my favorite beer shop. It didn’t have much head to it and what head there was dissipated quickly. O’Fallon 5 Day IPA is cloudy but has a very nice color with a little red in it. The scent of O’Fallon 5 Day IPA is a little grapefruitish but not overly citrusy. As IPA goes, this is a very mild and light one. It could be a nice “starter” IPA for new to craft beer drinkers. I recommend O’Fallon 5 Day IPA if you are a newbie to IPA or if you just want a little lighter IPA. At a mere 6.1% ABV it would make a good marathon IPA. If you are a “hophead” who likes only very bitter, hoppy, citrusy, high ABV IPA then you may be disappointed by O’Fallon 5 Day IPA.
Personally, I like it but you know me, I have yet to drink a beer I didn’t like. 3.75 out of 5 stars.

Ed and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment