Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale

A kind and thoughtful person stopped by the other night with a six pack of Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Conway’s Irish Ale. I have wanted to try it so I was very happy to see it show up. Unfortunately she was in a hurry and couldn’t come in and help me do this review.
FYI for Ed and friends followers, I love getting help with reviews especially wine, beer, spirits and restaurant reviews so give me a call if you want to be a contributor for one of these.
The beer is very nicely colored and not nearly as red as I expected (although it did have a definite red shade). Many craft brewed beers are dark and thick or hoppy with a bitter finish and I don’t recommend these kinds of beers to “average” (“average” = Bud and Miller Lite drinkers) beer drinkers. Conway’s Irish Ale is a beer that most “average” beer drinkers will enjoy. I truly enjoyed it and would recommend it to ALL beer drinkers. It has all of the flavors that a craft brewed beer should have and all of these flavors are in moderation. It is an extremely well balanced beer.

Ed and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment