Friday, February 4, 2011

Hog Heaven Holy Hops

I just got back from lunch with the Real Housewives of Saunders Dr. It is always a pleasure dining with these lovely ladies. The conversation is never dull and we always have a nice time. We ate at Broken Rocks in downtown Wooster. I don’t need to review Broken Rocks because everyone from miles around knows just how good it is. I did however have a new beer that does warrant a review.
I had a Hog Heaven Holy Hops which as near as I can find on Google is brewed by Avery in Boulder CO. It is what I would call an American IPA. It is quite hoppy and a little bitter with an aftertaste of grapefruit. These kinds of beers are not for the “average” beer drinker (“average” = bud light drinker) but I like these kinds of beers. If you like hoppy IPA style beers you are definitely going to like this one. It is a very nice entrant into field of American IPAs.
I don’t know how easy it will be to find Hog Heaven Holy Hops local in bottles but if you want to try it and can’t find it, it is a good excuse to head down to Broken Rocks CafĂ© in downtown Wooster OH.
My advice is “give it a try” and 4out of 5 stars.

Ed and friends

1 comment:

  1. My Bad, after finding a 22 oz bottle of this in the fridge that I forgot I bought, it turns out that this is barley-wine style. It is a very nice beer no matter what it is called.

    Ed and friends

    ReplyDelete