Tuesday, March 22, 2011

INDY!!!

Downtown Indianapolis is a great place to visit! There is plenty of GREAT food, craft beer and entertainment. We were in Indy to watch the Buckeyes roll the rest of the Big Ten in the basketball tournament. This is the chronicle of my culinary journey through the wonderful downtown area of Indianapolis. My only regret is that I didn’t have more time to spend in this fair city so I could try everything she had to offer.
I am a sucker for a brewpub with good food and The Ram did not disappoint. The burgers were outstanding and the house made chips were AWESOME. I tried all the beers available on tap the day I was there but my favorites were the Buttface Amber Ale and the Total Disorder Porter. This place is definitely worth stopping at if you’re downtown Indy.
My next culinary adventure took me to St. Elmo’s. What can I say about St. Elmo’s except get your butt down there and don’t forget to have one of the world famous shrimp cocktails. This place has the best steak in Indy and is a must do!!!
We tried Palomino and this is a VERY elegant restaurant with equally elegant food. I will not skip Palomino on my next trip to Indy. It was VERY good. My favorite was the truffled deviled eggs! OUTSTANDING!!!
We didn’t eat at Scotty’s Brewhouse but we were amazed by the selection of tap handles! This is a GREAT place to have some beers and watch a game!
We ate and had great caipirinha’s at Fogo de Chao and while this was a neat place that is worth trying, I will take my meat dollars back to St. Elmo’s every time I am given a choice between Fogo and St. Elmo’s.
We also stumbled into a very cool wine bar on our way back to the hotel but I have absolutely no idea where it was or what the name of the place was. I think it was near the intersection of Illinois and Ohio.
Right by our hotel was Bourbon Street Distillery which we hit every night for last call but didn’t eat. The menu and daily specials looked good and next time I will surely try it.


Ed and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment